Password Expiration on Windows take home devices:
If you are experiencing an issue where you receive a message that your password has expired on a Polk County Public School device, please following the instructions below to resolve the issue.
- Take the device to a PCPS school site (The BusWiFi locations will not work, it must be a school site).
- Get close enough to a building that you can connect to the PCPS-Secure network (This should occur automatically). You do not need to get out of the car, but you do need attach to the network and reboot the device in order to get the policy updated.
- With the device powered on, REBOOT the device using the button located in the bottom right hand corner, shutting the device down or putting the device to sleep will not work:
- Once the device reboots, it should clear the change password message and you will be able to login. If this does not work, repeat the reboot step until it does.
La contraseña se caduca en las computadoras que se han prestado:
Si tiene un problema en el que recibe un mensaje de que su contraseña ha caducado en una computadora/iPad de la Escuela Pública del Condado de Polk, siga las instrucciones a continuación para resolver el problema.
- Lleve la computadora a un sitio escolar de PCPS (las ubicaciones de BusWiFi no funcionarán, debe ser un sitio escolar).
- Acérquese lo suficiente a un edificio que pueda conectarse a la red PCPS-Secure (esto debería ocurrir automáticamente).
- Con la computadora encendida, REINICIE la computadora usando el botón ubicado en la esquina inferior derecha, apagar la computadora o ponerla en suspensión no funcionará: VEA FOTO ARRIBA
- Una vez que la computadora se reinicie, debería borrar el mensaje de cambio de contraseña y podrá iniciar sesión. Si esto no funciona, repita el paso de reinicio hasta que lo haga.
Yearbooks have not arrived yet. I will be collecting money for the yearbooks on your students designated dates for classroom item pickups:
5th– May 22nd 9-11
K- May 26th 9-11
1st– May 26th 1-3
2nd- May 27th 9-11
3rd– May 27th 1-3
4th– May 28 9-11
Yearbooks are$20.00 cash only. Once yearbooks arrive at Churchwell I will contact parents with a pick up date. If parents need to talk to me you can give them my phone number as well 8635461510.
Drive thru Farewell pick up & drop off procedures
Everyone will need to wear masks. Please remember we will continue to follow guidelines at all times.
Below are the dates that families will bid you farewell for the summer.
- Students & parents will not exit their vehicles. They will enter the car loop. The name will be radioed to the teacher, and other drop off areas. This will give teacher(s) an opportunity to prepare students belonging.
- Vehicle will stop at cones in the following order to return CES items
# 10 – Yearbooks (if applicable)
# 9 – Library books (if applicable) (C. Skiles, Sampson)
# 8 – Devices (if available) (Belch, Skiles)
# 1 – 7 designated for teachers (K, 4th & 5th students will go to their HR teachers only. Partners are together in all other grades where it applies).
The only grade level turning in devices will be 5th grade on Friday, May 22, 2020. All other grade level will need to keep their devices to use for summer learning.
|All Pre – Ks & ESE (Separate class)||5/22||1:00 – 3:00|
|First||5/26||1:00 – 3:00|
|Second||5/27||9:00 – 11:00|
|Third||5/27||1:00 – 3:00|
|Fourth||5/28||9:00 – 11:00|
For Polk County Public Schools technical support
8:30 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.
For EPIC program log in issues, please see the Parent page for step by step directions.
Helpful Hints for Parents when trying to use Epic for their students.
DISTANCE LEARNING & TECH SUPPORT
For Polk County Public Schools technical support contact
the help desk at 863-614-1600
(8:30 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.)
How to Log into ClassLink on a Home Device
1. From your personal laptop or desktop click on the following link. This will direct you to the log in page for Student – ClassLink https://launchpad.classlink.com/mypolk Students will put in their username and password. (username is WITHOUT @mypolkschools.net)
2. Students should see a page like the one below when they have logged in. Click on Teams Online to open Teams where students will chat and work online with their teachers.
3. After clicking on Teams Online, you will be prompted to sign in. This one DOES require the entire student email email@example.com
4. You will be prompted to sign in for a 2nd time. This one DOES require the entire student email firstname.lastname@example.org and password, then click Sign in
5. After students have logged in, they should be able to see all of their classes within Teams
FOR OUR PARENTS
Walking students to class: In order to maximize instruction and continue with our safety precautions, ONLY Kindergarten parents will be able to walk their children to class on the first day of school if needed. You will need to park and walk with your child to building 2 and wait with your child. Once the bell rings for instruction, you will be expected to let your child go into class and start learning. We know these first days can be challenging, but starting with the “normal” routine as soon as possible is the BEST way to help your child adjust.
Birthday Celebrations: According to the PCSB Local Wellness Policy 8.012, Section 3.a.1, “Any activity during the school day, involving food and/or beverages that do not meet the District Nutrition Standards, will be limited to once per month per classroom.” As a school we designate the last Friday of the month, at the end of the day for this celebration. If parents want to send in a store prepared snack for the class, then they need to coordinate with the teacher prior to that day.
Eating Lunch with Students: We love for parents to come eat lunch with our students. Please remember to bring your picture ID with you each time and you need to be on the student’s emergency card. We have designated the outside eating area for a “private lunch” with your child; in case of bad weather, we will designate a table inside the cafeteria. Due to safety you are not allowed to take other students out there to eat with you. Also, in keeping with the PCSB Local Wellness Policy, we ask that you not bring “fast food” unless it is a healthy option.
Snacks: In order to maintain academic focus and momentum, students will not bring snacks, unless it is medically necessary. Please make sure your child gets in the habit of eating a good breakfast either at home or at school. We will also help encourage our younger children to eat their lunch.
APPLY FOR PARENT PORTAL PIN
To view child’s grades and lunch account. Parents can now access their student’s information from any computer with an internet connection. The MyPolkSchools Parent Portal allows parents to check current grades, obtain immunization status, learn if their child had any recorded discipline or attendance issues throughout the day, check their child’s current lunch account balance, and even see what their child purchased in the lunchroom – all before their child comes home from school. Click here for more information on this exciting new service!
Visit the Student Nutrition page on the district website for meal prices, nutrition information, and our monthly breakfast, lunch and snack menus. Click here for Churchwell Elementary monthly lunch menu.
PAY FOR YOUR CHILD’S LUNCH ONLINE
You can pay for your students lunch online. Simply click on the button below and follow the onscreen instructions.
Churchwell Elementary has continuous fundraisers. Remember to save your labels and turn them in. Contact us to learn more ways to support our school!
Newsletters from Psychological Services and Student Wellness
Click here to access these resources on the district website. The goal of these newsletters is to provide an easily available and district-approved resource to schools, parents, students, and other staff.
- Bullying Information and Prevention for
- Childhood Fatality Prevention English
- Childhood Fatality Prevention Spanish
- Summer Safety Tips English
- Kindergarten slides
Standing Tall Newsletter
- Standing Tall Newsletter – English
- Standing Tall Newsletter – Spanish
- Standing Tall Newsletter – Haitian Creole
- Parent Information on the Polk County Public Schools Website
- District Budget Information
- Supply List 2019-2020
- School Uniforms (additional color – Hunter Green and White)
- Accelerated Reader Book Titles/Quizzes
- Accelerated Reader Home Connect