Parents and guardians, please email a digital copy of the returned form(s) to student’s homeroom teacher.
Appendix A Directory Information Opt-Out form (complete and return if you do not want your child’s picture in the yearbook or displayed on any recognition lists)
Appendix B Email and Supplemental Digital Opt-out form (complete and return if you do not want your child using a digital device or accessing the internet)
Appendix C Acknowledgement form ( ALL students and guardians must sign and return to acknowledge you have read the Code of Conduct.)
Code of Conduct
The staff at R. Clem Churchwell has revised the list of supplies that you now see on our webpage and FB page. The items on the list for your specific grade level are the ones we could not access.
Please make sure your student does have a refillable water bottle with his/her name clearly printed on it.
Please continue to check our webpage, as we will have updates that are important to you and your learner.
R.Clem Churchwell News & Updates
The staff at R. Clem Churchwell is looking forward to welcoming our returning and new learners. Our goal is to continue providing a strong educational foundation for all students while following safety guidelines. The following information is to facilitate the safe return of Campus learners while maximizing our resources. We ask that you adhere to the procedures outlined below. If you have any questions. Do not hesitate to contact the front office for assistance.
Only Kindergarten students will have a face-to-face orientation in the cafeteria on Thursday, August 20, 2020.
- Each family will have three assigned seats, to comply with CDC & district guidelines.
- All parties must wear masks while on campus (Please make sure you have your mask on when you exit your vehicle).
- Please follow signs to café entrance.
- Temperature checks are performed on all guests prior to entering the cafeteria.
- Families will receive a car tag at that time along with other documentation.
See below for class meeting time.
- Cole: 8:00 – 8:45
- Forbes: 9:15 – 10:00
- Griffis: 10:30 -11:15
- Lineberger: 11:45 -12:15 (Eschool)
- Walls: 12:45 – 1:30
- Young: 1:30 – 2:15
Grade levels 1 – 5
- Teachers have created virtual presentations & tours for families to view.
- Families should receive a getting to know you letter or card from your current teacher introducing themselves the week of August 17. You will be able to access the presentation on Churchwell’s Youtube channel. Select your teacher to begin your virtual experience.
- Q & A sessions will also be held to assist with answering any questions students & parents may have.
- Morning session: 10:00 – 10:45
- Afternoon session: 4:30-5:15
First Semester Safety & Health Procedures
(These are subject to change when safety updates are provided).
- The Banana Rd. entry gate will be open as scheduled.
- The exit gate will remain locked until 7:20 when staff will be present on campus to monitor students. (Students cannot be left on campus prior to 7:20).
- Students may not be escorted into any building by parents/guardians or other adult.
- All students must wear face coverings while on campus.
- Individuals attending a scheduled meeting, with front office staff, on campus must wear a face covering.
- Parents/Guardians will not be able to eat lunch with their children on school grounds until further notice. This will also allow us to use all our seating areas to assist with social distancing.
Student designated entry building (7:20)
- Kindergarten & First graders will enter campus using the main doors to building 2.
- Second & Third graders will enter using the main doors to building 1
- Fourth & Fifth graders will enter using the main doors to building 3.
(All students may participate in the free breakfast program offered in their building)
- No checkouts after 2:00 pm.
- Parents, make sure you have your car tags clearly displayed.
- Dismissal will be from the classroom. Please be patient as your student make it to their destination.
- Your student will meet with their vehicle at the assigned cone (1 -15).
- Walker will be dismissed to avoid any vehicular traffic.
If you alter the way your student departs campus, please notify the front office and teacher via the agenda/email.
August 6, 2020
Subject: Yearbook Delivery Update from Lifetouch
Dear Churchwell Elementary Families,
Lifetouch is working hard to produce your yearbook and we can’t wait to get the finished product in your hands. We wanted to get in touch with you about the current status of your yearbooks and wanted to provide some updates.
The Impact of Covid-19 On Yearbook Production
Due to COVID-19, Lifetouch has had government and state-mandated shutdowns in our production facilities which has significantly reduced our capacity for printing yearbooks. To date, we are experiencing on average, a two to three-month delay of order fulfillment.
When Will the Yearbooks Be Delivered?
Currently, we do not have a definitive timeline for delivery as the impact from Covid-19 continues to be very fluid. While Churchwell Elementary yearbooks are typically delivered before the end of the school year, we estimate that the 2019-2020 yearbook will ship sometime in August or September. Lifetouch will communicate with Churchwell Elementary as soon as the yearbooks are ready to ship.
How Will My Student Receive Their Yearbook?
Lifetouch and Churchwell Elementary are working closely together on the 2019-2020 yearbook distribution plan. As soon as Churchwell Elementary is notified that the yearbooks have shipped, each family will be notified about next steps including yearbook pick-up and distribution.
Lifetouch’s Commitment to You
Our staff is working very hard to get yearbooks to your school and students as fast as possible. It is always our intention to provide you with the very best service and products and we thank you for your patience and understanding. We value the trust you place in Lifetouch to capture and preserve your important school memories.
Yearbooks are$20.00 cash only. Once yearbooks arrive at Churchwell I will contact parents with a pick up date. If parents need to talk to me you can give them my phone number as well 8635461510.
FOR OUR PARENTS
Walking students to class: In order to maximize instruction and continue with our safety precautions, ONLY Kindergarten parents will be able to walk their children to class on the first day of school if needed. You will need to park and walk with your child to building 2 and wait with your child. Once the bell rings for instruction, you will be expected to let your child go into class and start learning. We know these first days can be challenging, but starting with the “normal” routine as soon as possible is the BEST way to help your child adjust.
Birthday Celebrations: According to the PCSB Local Wellness Policy 8.012, Section 3.a.1, “Any activity during the school day, involving food and/or beverages that do not meet the District Nutrition Standards, will be limited to once per month per classroom.” As a school we designate the last Friday of the month, at the end of the day for this celebration. If parents want to send in a store prepared snack for the class, then they need to coordinate with the teacher prior to that day.
Eating Lunch with Students: We love for parents to come eat lunch with our students. Please remember to bring your picture ID with you each time and you need to be on the student’s emergency card. We have designated the outside eating area for a “private lunch” with your child; in case of bad weather, we will designate a table inside the cafeteria. Due to safety you are not allowed to take other students out there to eat with you. Also, in keeping with the PCSB Local Wellness Policy, we ask that you not bring “fast food” unless it is a healthy option.
Snacks: In order to maintain academic focus and momentum, students will not bring snacks, unless it is medically necessary. Please make sure your child gets in the habit of eating a good breakfast either at home or at school. We will also help encourage our younger children to eat their lunch.
APPLY FOR PARENT PORTAL PIN
To view child’s grades and lunch account. Parents can now access their student’s information from any computer with an internet connection. The MyPolkSchools Parent Portal allows parents to check current grades, obtain immunization status, learn if their child had any recorded discipline or attendance issues throughout the day, check their child’s current lunch account balance, and even see what their child purchased in the lunchroom – all before their child comes home from school. Click here for more information on this exciting new service!
Visit the Student Nutrition page on the district website for meal prices, nutrition information, and our monthly breakfast, lunch and snack menus. Click here for Churchwell Elementary monthly lunch menu.
PAY FOR YOUR CHILD’S LUNCH ONLINE
You can pay for your students lunch online. Simply click on the button below and follow the onscreen instructions.
Churchwell Elementary has continuous fundraisers. Remember to save your labels and turn them in. Contact us to learn more ways to support our school!
Newsletters from Psychological Services and Student Wellness
Click here to access these resources on the district website. The goal of these newsletters is to provide an easily available and district-approved resource to schools, parents, students, and other staff.
- Bullying Information and Prevention for
- Childhood Fatality Prevention English
- Childhood Fatality Prevention Spanish
- Summer Safety Tips English
- Kindergarten slides
Standing Tall Newsletter
- Standing Tall Newsletter – English
- Standing Tall Newsletter – Spanish
- Standing Tall Newsletter – Haitian Creole
- Parent Information on the Polk County Public Schools Website
- District Budget Information
- Supply List 2020-2021
- School Uniforms (additional color – Hunter Green and White)
- Accelerated Reader Book Titles/Quizzes
- Accelerated Reader Home Connect