DISTRICT MISSION STATEMENT
District and school-based Title 1 parent Involvement Programs in Polk County will strive to build RELATIONSHIPS to create real family engagement for every child, every family, every teacher, every day.
FAMILIES ARE IMPORTANT
The goal of Title 1 is to improve student achievement through: Effective Instruction Professional Development Family Involvement Studies show that the more parents are involved in the education of their child, the more academically successful that child will be. The goal of the Title 1 Parent Involvement program is to give school-based Parent Involvement Facilitators information, materials and resources to enable them to provide for their parents at the school-level. It is the job of the Facilitator to give parents the tools and resources necessary for them to help their child at home. Everyone working together in this way gives the child the best possible support for doing well in school.
HOW YOU CAN BE PART OF TITLE 1
- Attend the Annual Parent Meeting, Open House, orientation and other programs at your school.
- Meet your child’s teacher. You will be requested to attend at least one Parent-Teacher Conference during the year.
- Read the School/Parent compact carefully. The compact outlines expectations for the school, the parent, and the student.
- Volunteer to be a member of the SIP planning team in order to help develop and implement the school’s family involvement plan.
- Make suggestions and complete surveys to help us improve.
- Participate in your child’s education by working with the teacher and attending training workshops to learn how to help your child be successful in school.
IMPORTANT LINKS AND DOCUMENTS
- District Title 1 Home Page
- SIP_2018-2019 R.Clem_Churchwell_Elementary
- SPAR Report
- Parent and Family Engagement Plan – English
- Churchwell 2018-2019 Compact – English
- Churchwell 2018-2019 Compact Spanish
- Parent and Family Engagement Plan – Spanish
- Churchwell 2018-2019 Right to Know Letter – English
- Churchwell 2018-2019 Right to Know Letter – Spanish version
THE SCHOOL WIDE CONCEPT
The school wide concept is part of a Federal Aid to Education Program called Title 1. Title 1 money is allocated to school districts based on the number of low-income children it serves. Each school develops an individual School Improvement Plan with goals and strategies based on the specific needs of the students of that school. Please tell us how we can build a better partnership between home and school. Send your comments to: Polk County Schools Title 1 Programs P.O. Box 391 Bartow, FL 33831 Or call: 863-534-0646 FAX 863-534-7496